It is possible to follow a sightseeing route around Stellenbosch for seven days without duplicating any destination. We have shared ideas with numerous guests and groups in the past and have sub-divided our region into tours similar to the spokes of a wheel. All these trips are equal or less than an hour’s driving time from your base in Stellenbosch.
- Cape Town with Waterfront, Table Mountain, Robben Island and the city bowl with museums, historical buildings, arts and crafts, aquarium, shopping centers.
- Cape Peninsula with Cape Point, Chapmans Peak Drive, Kirstenbosch, Groot Constantia, township tours, penguin colonies.
- Coastal Route R44 with Strand and its sandy beaches, the coastal Floral Kingdom with its Fynbos, Hermanus with its whales in season, Elgin with its fruit orchards.
- Four mountain Passes with scenic drives through the Groot Drakenstein Mountains, the Theewaterskloof reservoir, Sir Lowry’s Pass with view over the Cape and Monkey Town near Somerset West.
- Nature Reserves such as Jonkershoek, Helderberg, Paarl Mountain and Steenbras Dam with hiking or horse riding options.
- Wine Routes such as Paarl, Franschhoek, Stellenbosch, Durbanville, Helderberg, Tulbagh and Worcester with many permutations and combinations!